The Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman, office of Cultural Attaché, is seeking qualified candidates for an Academic Advisor to manage the Omani scholarship program in the Netherlands and to contribute to the development of processes and resources aimed to improve the academic literacy and academic engagement of Omani students.
- advise Omani students about degree and post graduate studies requirements
- interpretation of university policy,
- updating university audits and ranking,
- Connecting students to appropriate university resources.
- This position will teach orientation classes for new students which includes topic like cultural awareness, health and safety, accommodation and health insurance and all information may benefit student to settle and staring their course.
- assisting in preparation of student’s guide
- liaison with school and University to obtain periodical progress report for each student and advise about corrective action when required,
- Provide information and advice related to the general academic study skills that underpin undergraduates’ programmes of study.
You will have good written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. You should be able to work well as part of a small busy team, as well as being able to take initiative, organise your own work, prioritise tasks and manage your time.
The successful candidate will possess a strong commitment to student success, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to resolve complex issues.
The candidate must understand the need to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive and empathetic towards students.
.Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience; OR a Master's degree and 3 years of related experience. for further information please call 44 2078383853