The Assistant Chef will work alongside the executive chefs in all aspects of kitchen prep, cooking, and serving upwards of up to 650 people. The assistant chef must be a highly organized professional who can effectively assist in running a kitchen while supporting personnel.
● Responsible for effectively running meals.
● Assist with menu planning
● Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all
kitchen areas at all times.
● Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to
assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items
served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
● Assist with scheduling and managing kitchen staff of around 20 people.
● Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional workforce.
● Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
● Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of
● Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Culinary degree.
● 3 years experience working in a kitchen.
● Well-rounded understanding of special dietary and allergy needs.
● Preparation of basic kitchen recipes.
● Servsafe certified with a strong focus on food safety- apply it to everyday operation.
Camp Cody is a great place to work and a explore everything New England has to offer! From rivers, lakes and mountains to camp fires, log cabins, and rope swings, we have it all! Since 1926 it has been our philosophy to provide a fun through learning, friendship and adventure. During their time with us, we also want all campers to become more self-assured and self-confident. All of this takes place in a great camp atmosphere with a diverse, unique, and fun program!
How to Apply:
Contact [email protected] for more information