Are you passionate about challenges? Izertis is your company.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer (Java) for one of our clients, in Brussels.
We are looking for someone who could reinforce the team and bring it up to the next level but also build a mid/long term relationship. After an initial onboarding, the candidate is expected to become a lead developer in the team, being backed up by his technical skills.
As a skilled Backend Developer, you will join an Agile squad where you’ll be responsible of Dev and Ops activities by:
- Translating requirements into high quality code.
- Designing, building, and maintaining high performance, reusable, and reliable applications in Java and Spring Framework, as well as in a Legacy framework (in Java).
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship new features.
- Working with outside data sources and APIs.
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Applying development best practices to ensure the quality of your code.
- Identifying and correcting bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Being involved in the Ops activities (set up of CI/CD pipelines).
- Good knowledge of English; Dutch and/or French are a plus.
- Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- You are a "Software Craftsman" who sees software development as a craft.
- You know the principles of clean code and apply them effectively: Understanding of the OO principles, DDD, design patterns and best practices such as SOLID principles; you write readable code and do refactoring where necessary; you are familiar with Test Driven Development (TDD), and have practical experience with it.
- Proven knowledge of Java, Spring, Maven, Oracle DB.
- Proven knowledge of Restful API’s with swagger (yaml).
- Proven knowledge of VCS (Git).
- Proven knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment principles (Jenkins or alternative).
- Proven knowledge of SAST (such as SonarQube, Fortify, NexusIQ or alternative).
- Knowledge of Docker, Container and Groovy.
- You participate in API automation testing because you consider it part of your development activities.
- You have an Agile mindset: with a positive attitude and pragmatism; thirst for knowledge, learning and adapting; team player with the goal of team success; you understand there is no failure, only feedback.
- You dare to challenge the requirements you receive based on your expertise.
- Are a plus: Practical experience with Scrum and Knowledge of Ruby for automation testing.