Overview: POKET is a small technology start-up that generates mapping and retail insights in Nigeria. As the Business Development Manager, you will be the key person for finding new prospective clients and leads, arranging business development meetings, and uncovering new partnership opportunities across Nigeria. You will take the lead on creating business development strategies. You will also help lead a team of field researchers and oversee operations of POKET’s digital products, with the aim of increasing profitability. This will come through your connections and careful strategic planning and positioning in the Pharmaceutical industry (first and foremost) as well as FMCG, Impact/Development Financial Services. If you are a strategic individual with a growth-focus mindset, we would like to meet you.
This will start as a three-month contract, and based on your performance, will be extended accordingly. Please e-mail CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Bonus points if you can share a link to a 1-2 minute selfie video introducing yourself and telling us why you're the best person for the job! :)
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Developing business growth strategies and plans and develop strategies to increase client base.
- Build business proposals and presentations, draft and review contracts
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Identify and map product strengths and customer needs through research and market data
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of all marketing activity
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on new services and promo options
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Develop innovative ways to communicate the company’s service options to potential and existing customers.
- Work with the marketing & communications lead to ensure user acquisition
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Diagnose service delivery problems and initiate actions to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Serve as the liaison between the company and the customer and ensure dispatch of all correspondence to the customer and the follow-up of all correspondences and initiatives
- A B.Sc. in Business Development, Economics, Finance, Marketing or equivalent role.
- A certification in Project Management is a strong advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ Previous experience as a business developer or product manager.
- Previous experience and large number of existing senior contacts in the Pharmaceutical and/or FMCG industries is a massive advantage.
- Should have experience in carrying out market research, data collection and surveys.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Outlook and Office suite of products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to communicate ideas clearly.
- Must own their own ANDROID smartphones with 4G data plan, be digitally savvy and comfortable navigating through smartphone applications
- Ability to travel and work independently in Lagos and surrounding areas (if needed).
- Leadership, communication skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills required
- Provide data analysis using Excel, perform data validation, gather and document bugs and gaps in data collection
- Ability to receive direction, collaborate with others in setting goals, and work effectively in teams to achieve agreed upon goals
- Experience working with GIS data is an asset
- Experience in enterprise sales is an asset
- Experience managing digital products is an asset