Our client, a well-know construction company based in Lagos, Nigeria, is currently recruiting for a Chief Quantity Surveyor, for its projects in Senegal.
To successfully manage all contract bidding process and the pre contract QS team, to ensure all bidding
projects remains on budget, identify areas of cost overruns and/or savings and minimize effect at early stage.
• Serve as an interface between the potential clients and the company
• liaise with the Commercial Manager to ensure all Request for pre-contract manual Prequalification and Expression of Interest are timely attended to.
• Present any Invitation to Tender to the General Manager for Management's decision.
• Allocate the available tenders on ground to the departmental personnel to work on.
• Release from time to time the list of tenders being worked on and the submitted tenders for
management's action and necessary follow up.
• Update the rates for bill items according to the market trends
• Collect from time to time from procurement department and vendors, the current market updates of
various construction items.
• Be actively involved in the tendering process; pricing of bill, collection of quotations from vendors etc.
• Ensure a thorough check on the works done by other member of the team before they are passed to
the General Manager for further checking.
• When a project is eventually awarded to the company; collate all the documents like the Contract
drawings, the contract Bill of Quantities, the Quotations of the vendors used in pricing the bill, the
Contract Conditions, the award letter and all other necessary documents in hard and soft copies,
hands over same to the Post-Contract Unit for Post-Contract Management.
• Cascade and align organizational goals with departmental direction.
• Responsibility for driving the team’s welfare, development and team exposure in close collaboration
• Liaising with existing staff members, managers, supervisors, and clients in order to achieve set
• Observing, analyzing, and offering suggestions on current departmental operations.
• Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding processes for new hires within the department.
• Establishing professional relationships with clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
• Ensuring all health and safety, as well as company regulations are followed by your team at all times.
• Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
• Masters, BSc/ HND/Quantity Survey+ MNIQS
• Active involvement in a leadership capacity within your professional network or professional body
• 15 Year Post graduation experience
• Have put a minimum of 45 tenders together from start to finish in an excellent manner