Cook / Griller
Our client operates a well-established high-end restaurant in Paphos.
It is a busy restaurant, and they have an open role for a skilled Cook / Griller to prepare delicious meals according to the menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.).
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers.
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served to customers.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Work closely with the chef.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as a cook.
- Experience as a griller will be an advantage.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to work in a team and self-motivate.
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Communication skills in Greek will be an advantage.
- Excellent physical condition and stamina.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage.
- Ability to provide excellent service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Must be able to legally work in Cyprus.
What we offer:
- Exceptional monthly salary offered based on qualifications and experience.
- 6 Day work week.
- Accommodation could be provided.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Friendly working environment.
- Potential to grow.
We appreciate your interest in our roles and the company. Your CV will be reviewed carefully by our team, and if we are ready to move forward with your application, one of our recruiters will contact you and explain the next steps.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and they are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. They celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We care about the privacy of our candidates and all the data you provide to us is maintained in a secure manner and kept confidential.
Recruitment Agency: AMREP Limited.