· Employer : The Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman, Office of Cultural Attaché.
· Location: London (UK).
· Job Title: Education Officer.
· Type: Permanent Full Time.
· Annual Salary £30,000 to £35,000.
· Hours 39Hours p/w.
· Contact [email protected]
· Closing date: 24 May 2019.
The Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman, office of Cultural Attaché, is seeking qualified candidates for an Education Officer to work with Oman students and to contribute to the development of processes and resources aimed to improve the students’ welfare experiences and academic engagement of students.
- Advise Omani students in the UK in connection to the degree/study requirements.
- Liaise with the Universities or educational establishments in connection with Omani Students in the UK;
- Conduct orientation classes for the Omani Students in the UK which includes topic like cultural awareness, health and safety, accommodation and health insurance and all information may benefit student to settle and staring their course.
- Prepare Student guide and update the same from time to time;
- Liaise with school and University to obtain periodical progress report for each student and advise about corrective action when required; and
- Assist and advise Omani students in the UK;
The successful candidate will possess a strong commitment to student success, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to resolve complex issues.
The candidate must understand the need to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive and empathetic towards students.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in similar roles will be preferred
- Fluency in Omani Arabic dialect (OA) and English language will be preferred
- Having Bachelor’s or Master’s degree will be an advantage.