Position Summary: Senior Application Engineer / Field Application Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Minimum BSc in Electronics Engineering or CS
Functional Area: Technical Customer Support, Sales and Local Marketing
Location Detail: Yokohama - Japan
Travel Requirement: 20 - 40 %
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
Number of openings: 1
Are you a technology enthusiast but don’t want to be focused on just one specific technology? Would you prefer to gain insight into a broad range of industrial products deploying our System-On-Modules instead of coding all day long?
This position at Toradex is a great opportunity for an intrinsically motivated engineer who prefers to be the technical interface between a client’s engineering team and our R&D department.
You may be well suited for this position if you enjoy digging into complex problems while still maintaining a holistic view, mastering both embedded hardware & software. Paired with good communication skills, this position will enable you to assist hundreds of customers to develop products based on the latest technologies.
- Provide Engineering Support to our fast growing customer base in Japan
- Support our Sales and Development Teams
- Japanese Customers across all industries sectors
- Global Product Development Teams in Toradex
- Key Account Managers at Toradex K.K.
- Head of Sales JP, Yokohama
Roles & Responsibilities
- Interface with customers at the evaluation and design stages and assist them in becoming comfortable with Toradex Computer on Modules
- Analyze customer requirements and develop a range of conceptual solutions including high level system architectures
- Resolve customer issues in collaboration with the development team
- Promote superior technical values of Toradex products
- Support local Marketing activities such as localized documentation, webinars, participation at exhibitions and customer visits
Desired Candidate Profile
- Passionate about integrating Toradex technologies in new customer products
- Understand and appreciate the diverse range of applications across different industries
- High-integrity, honest, open, team player, self-motivated and consummate professional
- Excellent communication skills
- English language skills in reading/writing/speaking comparable to Level B2 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Desired Technical Skills
- Detailed experience in ARM computer systems
- Software and hardware debugging skills
- Ability to understand hardware schematics and datasheets
- Understanding I2C/SPI/UART/CAN/Ethernet or other industrial interfaces
- Good knowledge of Embedded Linux.
- Experiences with other embedded operating systems like Windows CE, Android or other RTOS are an advantage.
- Knowledge of BSP and OS Driver concepts
- Experience in C/C++/C#/JAVA programming
- Proven knowledge of computer architectures and GUI frameworks