Roles and Responsibilities
1. Inspect construction projects in order to analyze engineering problems, applying geological knowledge and using test equipment and drilling machinery
2. Plan and conduct geological, geochemical, and geophysical field studies and surveys; sample collection; and drilling and testing programs used to collect data for research and/or application.
3. Identify deposits of construction materials, and assess the materials' characteristics and suitability for use as concrete aggregates, road fill, or in other applications.
4. Collating data and producing reports; overseeing the progress of specific contracts;
5. Supervising site and ground investigations;
6. Making recommendations on the proposed use of a site and providing information;
7. Managing staff, including engineer, consultants and contractors