• Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains the organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
• Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
• Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data centers.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.