Job Summary: As a junior metal fabricator you will be performing various task relating to metal fabrication mainly cutting, deburring and bending of metal components and assemblies using powered and manual equipment. Also you will be responsible for Packaging, Shipping and Receiving duties. By working in this position you will have the opportunity to build your career in other advanced manufacturing areas within the company.
As a Junior Metal Fabricator you will be performing and responsible for the following duties:
• Set up and Operate powered and manual metal cutting saws and equipment to cut various metal components.
• Grind, Deburr and Polish Metal parts, sub assemblies and complete assemblies using Powered Belt Grinders and Hand Tools.
• Set up and Bend metal parts using Powered and Manual Metal Bending Equipment
• Handling and Maintaining of Raw Material and Pre fabricated Inventory within the department
• Read and use measuring devices and follow engineering drawings, sketches and written specifications to perform the task
• General Packaging, Shipping and Receiving
• Driving Fork Lift to load and unload the trucks
• Perform House keeping duties within your work area.
• Comply to company and government legislative safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
• High School Graduated with strong Mechanical Aptitude and shop class experience preferred
• College Diploma in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
Note: Experience not required, individuals will be trained to perform the duties
General Requirements and Physical Abilities:
• Ontario valid Driver’s Licence Required
• Previous Forklift Training Preferred
• Able to comfortably lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
• Able to walk/stand for a long period of time
• Able to reach, bend, twist, kneel, stoop and grasp along with repetitive movements.