- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration for substations and wireless networks.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with Technical and IT team on network optimization.
- Develop wireless network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch.
- Design and validate RF link performance, quality and reliability.
- Apply propagation theory, cellular theory, RF Engineer tools and antenna theory to choose tower antenna placement.
- Responsible for capacity planning, Wifi frequency planning and frequency hopping by applying carrier/interference (C/I) ratio analysis.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment.
- Optimize existing network by adjusting radio network parameters, adding/deleting neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems.
- Recommend site upgrade such as down tilling of antenna and re-orientation of radio additions.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Configuration of router/wireless radio at substation.
- Area of responsibility must be on substation only.