Job Summary: Spearhead the procurement and inventory process at Jolems Investments Limited
Main Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing purchase requisitions.
- Interviews vendors and negotiates pricing and programs concerning product and delivery dates.
- Reviews bid proposals from vendors and places order based upon price and delivery time.
- Enters price information into computerized inventory management system.
- Utilizes online computer system to maintain raw material inventory for future use
- Authorizes vendor invoices for payment ensuring correct GL codes are applied.
- Monitors all purchasing activity and ensures optimum pricing and efficiency in all operations.
- Analyzes raw material purchase activity to ensure minimum variances in lost product and waste.
- Provide the necessary leadership that is associated with building as well as maintaining a strong inventory management workforce.
- To manage and coordinate the activities of all the staff members engaged in inventory control and inventory record accuracy.
- To execute the strategic inventory plan and to manage and supervise the processes developed by the material management department in order to align with the corporate objectives.
- To lead the organization’s inventory related teams and provide leadership for training and development of departmental personnel.
- To maintain inventory as required by the sales and operations planning process, customer requirements, production schedules and corporate inventory management objectives.
- To review the current inventory positions for the raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods and to provide monthly summary of the same and to present it during the meeting.
- Enters required data into computer to ensure accurate item counts and for inventory purposes as materials are received.
- Records incoming packaging and manufacturing materials (except concentrates) to ensure accurate item counts.
- Works with transportation team to ensure timely delivery of required materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a BSc/ BA in business, procurement and Logistics or related field.
- Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position.
- The candidate should have previous experience in purchasing raw materials and packaging supplies for manufacturing facilities. The individual should have 3-5 years experience as a Purchasing Agent in a similar type of operation/industry. A bachelor’s degree is preferred in Business Administration. The candidate should have a strong mathematical aptitude.
- The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word programs in addition to possessing the skills to learn the company ERP accounting system.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy