To ensure that production lines run smoothly and consistently to generate a suitable output of products that meet quality and efficiency standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspecting the final product, marching them with the required standards, and approving or rejecting those that don’t meet specifications.
- Managing quality in the entire supply chain from the point of production, delivery,
storage, up to the point of sale.
- Devising ways to improve the manufacturing processes of all suppliers and partners to ensure high quality products.
- Devising, improving, and reviewing new specifications and procedures for products or processes, and training staff on how to use them.
- Setting required standards for raw materials used by suppliers and monitoring compliance
- Ensuring that legal obligations, compliance with regulatory authorities, and health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Overseeing product development procedures and identifying any deviations from set quality standards.
- Keeping accurate documentation and performing statistical / data analysis for all products.
- Devising strategies to reduce waste and increase efficiency for suppliers.
- Ensuring that all products received from suppliers comply with the specified quality.
- Managing the warranty processes and finding strategies to improve effectiveness.
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are being met.
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures.
- Devise and establish the company's quality procedures, standards, and specifications, and review existing policies making suggestions for improvements.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
Desired qualifications and skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in science or business-based programs.
- Experience in production or manufacturing.
- Experience in business administration may be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail, observation, organizational, and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of quality control procedures and legal standards.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis, and statistical methods.
- Outstanding communication and listening skills.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Proven experience as a Quality Control Manager
- Conscious and responsible
- A Certificate in quality control is an added advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- The ideal candidate for the Quality Control Manager position should have excellent communication and listening skills, with strong observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- He or she should understand regulatory compliance and be skilled in understanding scientific and technical data.