Our client operates a well-established high-end restaurant in Paphos.
It is a busy restaurant, and they have an open role for a hostess. As the hostess you will greet guests as they enter and show them to their table or escort them to the waiting area.
You will also engage with guests to ensure their meal is as good as it should be and ensure that they have an amazing time with us. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and dealing with a very busy restaurant.
- Greeting guests as they arrive and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Seating guests at tables or in the waiting areas.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions they may have.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of guests.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they're happy with their food, drinks and service.
- Responding to guests’ complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- Have a solid knowledge of the menu.
- Helping with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing excellent customer service.
Requirements and skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Fluent in both Greek and English is a must.
- Previous working experience in a restaurant or hotel environment will be an advantage.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player and self-motivated.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Deliver high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift trays of food when necessary.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Must be able to legally work in Cyprus.
What we offer:
- Hourly gross salary offered based on qualifications and experience.
- 5 or 6 day work week.
- 4 to 5 hours work day in the evenings only.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Friendly working environment.
- Potential to grow.
We appreciate your interest in our roles and the company. Your CV will be reviewed carefully by our team, and if we are ready to move forward with your application, one of our recruiters will contact you and explain the next steps.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and they are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. They celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We care about the privacy of our candidates and all the data you provide to us is maintained in a secure manner and kept confidential.
Recruitment Agency: AMREP Limited.