The SHEQ Officer coordinates and participates in the investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses, audit and conduct Review Contractor Risk Assessment.
The SHEQ Officer monitors the implementation of Safe Work Procedures and maintains and updates all relevant SHEQ department administrative duties.
Task and Responsibilities
- Compile and maintain safety files and other related relevant files for company
- Conduct pre implementation risk assessments
- Provide SHE improvement proposals, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation.
- Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensure that requirements are complied with.
- Conduct SHE Committee Meetings (plan, scheduled and review)
- Attend meetings if and when required on behalf of the Company's SHEQ department - Management meetings, Technical meetings, Steering Committee meetings (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Investigation and Corrective Actions Reporting
- Investigate the root cause of SHE complaints put forward by staff members, customers clients and report the result to the Quality and Assurance Manager
- Coordinate and participate in the investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly SHE reports, statistics and presentations related to SHE performance
- Compile and submit investigation reports to the Quality control and assurance Manager.
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintain records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements
- Supervise the regular inspection of firefighting, safety and emergency response equipment at sites and offices.
- Assist in development and implementing of emergency response procedures and evacuation plans on site and offices. Ensure that these plans are reviewed and updated regularly.
- Ensure that the emergency plans are communicated to staff and visitors and update registers on training and induction.
- Provide detailed audit reports with findings. Identify non-conformities and provide corrective action measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Monitor and review that corrective measures has been implemented.
- Assist in developing all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the SHE Management System to be compliant with OHSAS 18001/2007 and ISO 14001/2004 standards, including corrective and preventive measures (as a team with Safety Managers and / or Safety Officer of contractors)
- Review and amend standards, specifications, policies and procedures for approval.
- Ensure that Operations employees, contractors and site visitors receive SHE induction at Kick-Off meetings and before entering construction operations
- Monitor contractor performance and work sites by conducting continuous site visits and audits and compiling relevant reports. Escalate matters of continuous non-conformance.
- Establish Safe Work Procedures; Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Instructions for tasks as and when required.
- Monitoring the implementation of Safe Work Procedures, Instructions and protocols to determine continuous improvement.
- Planning and coordinating SHEQ related training for company staff
- Maintaining and updating all relevant SHEQ administrative folders pertaining to accountabilities & responsibilities i.e. (weekly schedule planner, S.O.R folder, file audits etc.)
- Ensure accurate registration and record keeping of all legislative requirements in conjunction with HQ strategy pertaining to regional office i.e. (PPE registers, Awareness training registers, all office inspection related registers).
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management
- Health and safety documentation for authorities
- Compile project specific emergency response and preparedness plans
- Conduct site safety Inductions
- Review and update the health and safety plan
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Have good persuasion skills
- Fluency in English
- Excellent report writing skills
- Planning and organizational skills
Education and Formal Training
- National Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety Management
- Environmental & Quality qualification is added advantage
- Certificate or equivalent occupational SHE training
- First Aid level 2 Basic Certificate
- Fire Prevention Certificate
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in monitoring and auditing of factory safety performances.
- Experience of implementing Health and Safety in a highly technical, complex industrial environment essential
- Exposure to and understanding of implementation of OHSAS 18001 / 14001 and ISO 9001
- Well experienced in Company standards and programs requirements in order to pass on knowledge and requirements to others.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidate are encouraged to apply.