Saltwater Eco are on the look out for a couple of capable and enthusiastic, fully cert'd surf instructors that are keen to do some casual hours from now until the end of April.
Our awesome little surf school is based in Matakana, 1 hour north of Auckland.
Do you love being in, on and under the sea and can’t wait to share your passion with others? Are you super switched-on in marine environments and the world’s best teacher? If you answered yes then read on!
This is not a macho surfer job. This is a role full of variety for someone with heaps of heart. Everyday is different and could include surf coaching, organising kids games, photographing lessons, assisting with snorkel lessons, social media work, customer service, bookings and heaps more.
We run our lessons during daylight hours Monday to Sunday. Surf and snorkel lessons are both scheduled and on demand so we are constantly on our toes and super flexible.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Surf Coaching experinece with valid cert
- Current first aid certificate
- Awesome grasp of English
- Excellent communication skills for all ages and can relate to a wide range of people
- The ability to work independently and a good team player
- Fantastic group management skills
- Experience working with kids
- Own transport and accommodation
- Valid NZ work visa
- Outdoor education, lifeguard/dive certificate is preferred.
- Monday and Tuesday afternoons: Running/assisting with our Kids After School Surf Clubs.
- Weekends: Lessons and hire shed duties.
- Easter School Holidays: Lessons and hire shed duties.
Full training will be provided, however you must have experience leading surf lessons. Snorkel guiding experience and relevant certs would be an epic bonus but not necessary.
If this sounds like you and you fit the criteria above please shoot us an email to: [email protected] titled "Casual Crew Position"
Check out www.saltwatereco.co.nz, and Saltwater Eco on Facebook and Instagram to find out more about us.
If you don’t meet the criteria, please don’t apply until you do.