Are you passionate about challenges? Izertis is your company.
One of our clients is looking for a Senior Buyer (Project Manager) in Brussels.
In support of the run, maintenance & renovation of building projects, the Senior Buyer is responsible for the selection process and contracts in scope and supporting the other buyers in the Procurement Corporate Services team. He/She will ensure that the suppliers are reliable, deliver on time and at the best commercial conditions, in compliance with the rules of conduct concerning relationships with suppliers and based on market and contracting best practices.
The Senior Buyer will:
- Implement the procurement strategy
- Take the role of Procurement project manager towards the internal client on all the contracts in scope
- Define a strategy and an action plan on local spend projects,
- Drive the suppliers selection process on spend categories or segments,
- Ensure that savings are achieved through the negotiated global or local contracts implementation and that the internal customers are kept satisfied in terms of cost, quality, lead-times and service level of suppliers.
- Monitor the suppliers’ risk on his or her suppliers portfolio,
- Contribute to cross category sourcing initiatives and global process and tools initiatives when applicable.
- Actively participate in supplier management process such as steering committees, supplier risk and performance assessments to ensure maximum compliance to the contract
- Team player
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Good Communication and Influencing skills
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance
- Ability to work in a dynamic cross functional and diverse environment
- Master or Bachelor degree
- Experience with construction
- Strong “Digital affinity”
- Detailed understanding of the main commercial and contractual models and the underlying cost drivers applicable in the market,
- Capacity to challenge the internal client needs, sense of critical analysis,
- Strong project management and reporting skills
- Risk analysis,
- Knowledge of financial analysis,
- Legal, contractual and compliance knowledge.
- Strong know-how of the Building Renovation/maintenance & facility management Market dynamics and its key players,
- Project management skills with 5 years proven experience,
- Deal shaping / closing capabilities, knowledge of financial analysis,
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of business administration and procurement tools (e.g. Ivalua, ..) is a plus
- Experience: 8 years of relevant experience, preferably in construction/real estate and/or building maintenance procurement.
- Language: English, Dutch and French.