Waiter / Waitress
Our client operates a well-established high-end restaurant in Paphos.
We are looking for skilled Waiters or Waitresses to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
The right Waiter / Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you.
To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals.
You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Inform customers about the day’s specials.
- Offer menu recommendations upon customer requests.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization.
- Where needed check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Communicate order details to the kchen staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments from customers.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties).
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a waiter or waitress.
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Fluency in both the English and Greek languages is a must.
- Team spirit and self-motivated.
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus.
- Must be able to legally work in Cyprus.
What we offer:
- Exceptional monthly salary offered based on qualifications and experience.
- Full time positions.
- 6 Day work week.
- Accommodation could be provided.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Friendly working environment.
- Potential to grow.
We appreciate your interest in our roles and the company. Your CV will be reviewed carefully by our team, and if we are ready to move forward with your application, one of our recruiters will contact you and explain the next steps.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and they are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. They celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We care about the privacy of our candidates and all the data you provide to us is maintained in a secure manner and kept confidential.
Recruitment Agency: AMREP Limited.