Our client, one of Asia’s top buy-side firms, are now looking for Windows Virtual Desktop Engineer to join their team and help design, architect and help migrate their infrastructure to Microsoft Azure – including their Virtual Desktop environment (for Singapore, Hong Kong and other offices) – as they continue to migrate their IaaS / cloud-based solutions and applications.
Excellent opportunity and career growth.
Work closely with the Head of IT to design, architect and engineer the migration of their desktop environment to Windows Virtual Desktop.
Manage the administration, automation and monitoring of the firm’s Azure infrastructure operations and services.
Design and implement a migration strategy, framework, and the automation / processes for their infrastructure migration.
– Minimum 5+ years’ hands-on engineering:
— strong experience from a traditional Windows background: Windows Server, Active Directory, architecture and engineering, GPO, DNS, rights management and DFS;
— migration of Windows to Virtual Desktop environment: Azure virtual machines, planning, creation, availability and extensions;
— networking experience including Cisco Switches, VLAN, NAT, ACL, OSPF and BGP;
– Azure Cloud administration: Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure Powershell, CLI, Resource Manager.
– Azure Active Directory (Azure AD Connect, Azure AD Join), Self-Service Password Reset, and secure identities (Multi-Factor Authentication and Azure AD Identity Protection).
– Azure infrastructure monitoring (Azure Monitor), alerting, log analytics and network watcher.
– Networking strategies: service endpoints, network routing, Azure Load Balancer and Traffic Manager.
– Data replication and backup: files / folders / virtual machines.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent) from a reputable University.
– Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin.
– Independent problem solver. Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Vince Natteri at [email protected] and put "Windows Virtual Desktop Engineer (Top Buy Side Firm)" in the subject header. Data provided will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Pinpoint Asia is the leading specialist Financial IT recruitment firm in the Asia Pacific region. Visit Pinpoint Asia’s website at http://www.pinpointasia.com today to see other exciting job opportunities.